Thursday, April 15, 2010


We received all our official paperwork today from the MOJ as well as an invitation to travel and a more recent picture of Andrew!! He's going to fit right in! We need to buy plane tickets still, but looks like we will be heading to Bulgaria next weekend.

We like dates, they are important to us. The day we will meet our son, April 26th is exactly 2 years to the day from the day we made the decision to adopt. We didn't actually get to officially start the process until July of that year when God first brought the money neeeded for our application fee.

We could have waited if we needed to, but we knew the date was significant. Besides, this is the best time for Aaron to miss out on work.

We are truly blessed to have family close by and willing to help. Jen's sister and brother-in-law, along with their 3 year old daughter will actually move in to our house for the week to take care of our kids. We are so thankful for their help.

We won't know for sure until plane tickets are bought and an apartment is secured for us in Bulgaria, but we are close to having all the money needed for this leg of our journey.

We know this week will be very busy packing and planning, but we are so excited to meet our son for the first time. We are also excited to be able spend the entire week in the capital of Sofia.

God has truly surprised us and blessed us through this process. It seems like it has taken so long to get to this point and at the same time it has come quickly.

We don't know completely what to expect after this trip, but we're hoping and expecting for Andrew to come home sometime in the Fall.


  1. Awesome news! We will keep you in our prayers.

  2. Congratulations!!! I'm in Sofia now with my son. With all the mess with the volcano and flights being canceled into and out of the US, I may still be here when you arrive!(I certainly hope not though!!!)
    Sofia is a beautiful city. You will enjoy your time here. Oh, and I have been wearing my shirt that I bought through your fundraiser and everyone here loves it :)

  3. Yay!!!!!!! Still praying for a court date here to go PICK UP our daughter...can't wait to hear all about your trip! It was a hard one physically for me..hope you guys do better:)! I'm praying for you!

  4. Wonderful news! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

  5. We might get to meet. We were suppose to travel today but because of the volcano ash we were canceled:(
    We are traveling on April 24th instead. Meeting out son on the 26th.
    Hope you have a great flight!

  6. Exciting news. Praying for all of you travelling with the situation with the volcano. Blessings